Information We Collect About You
We may obtain your personal information through three channels: (1) information you provide directly to us; (2) information we collect when you subscribe for email and/or text communication; and (3) information we obtain from other sources.
Information You Provide to Us
In addition, we may collect information as required by the Federal Election Commission (“FEC”). For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $100 per calendar year.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine it with information that you provide and that we collect through our Sites. For example, we may receive voter file data from state parties and other Democratic organizations, from publicly available sources, and from private organizations. We may also receive information from a social media site if you connect to us or our Sites through that site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your personal information for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Sites and send you confirmations, notices, updates and alert messages;
• Provide and deliver the information you request or various features or functionalities, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations;
• Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, ask you to respond to a survey, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
• Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information to keep you informed about the campaign, various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities
• Help connect you with other supporters, and solicit volunteers, donations and support for Elect Chief Williams for Port of Palm Beach, Group 3, issues and organizations that we support;
• Contact you if we need additional information, such as if you leave fields blank on a form or if other information is necessary under Federal election laws;
• Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Our Information Sharing
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
• To report required information to the Federal Election Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
• When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect or defend our rights, protect the safety and security of Chief Williams, III for Port of Palm Beach, users of our Sites or others, or to investigate suspected fraud, abuse, security issues, and other illegal activities;
• We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We and third parties that provide content or functionality on the Sites or provide us analytics and advertising services may collect or receive information about your use of the website. This information may include, for example, your IP address, browser, device information, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and conversion information. This information may be combined with information collected across different websites, online services, and linked or associated devices to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Sites or any donations or transactions. Please note that opt-out requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process, and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to your prior privacy settings. Further, please note that (unless required by applicable law) we may not be able to retrieve or rescind any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt out.
Mobile Push Notifications and Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. Recipients of text messages may opt-out of receiving them by replying “STOP” or “OPT OUT” to the mobile message sent by Elect Clarence “Chief” Williams for Port of Palm Beach.
No data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, although we take reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that we collect and maintain. For this reason, we limit the collected information to what is legally required.
Location of Usage of the Sites